Saturday, October 13, 2007

In the hands of the unknown

This year has been a roller coaster of unusual ups and downs. As I introspect I wish to be always positive and hopeful so I'll list down in chronological order, the upswings first:

1. I did a 10 day solo trip hiking some beautiful mountains surrounded by lakes. It was a near meditative experience being alone so long in such quiet, desolate places.

2. I got engaged to a very lovely girl of my dreams, though dreams and characters are never static!

3. I finally got a transfer to the group of my choice within my present company, something that had kept me on a painfully long wait due to bureaucratic processes

4. My parents visited me in a foreign land, an event which unfortunately had never occured in another foreign land even further across the seas

Now for the negative events, though it'll be seen how atleast some of these so called terrible events had some purpose:

1. My passport was misplaced by my home country authorities in this foreign country. It caused unnecessary tension, more so to my close family than to me. But this later proved to be a blessing in disguise as 2 above (& less importantly 1 also) would have never happened without this mishap.

2. I had a near fatal accident where the car ended up gruesomely mangled up. On the positive note, all of us escaped nearly unhurt, so that's the best part.

3. I got swindled of a very large sum of money by an unscrupulous real estate agent. Again, on the positive note, this later saved me from spending much more money by living on my own. Its just how I look at it now.

4. My house got burgled and 2 valuable laptops stolen. Lost some un-backed up data too! Again, the silver lining is that I received a much better performing newer, sleeker laptop.

All in all, it evens out or can actually be said that's its a great year for me. Its all a matter of perspective. Some may say I was jinxed. I'd prefer to look at the very large silver linings in each of these and be very thankful for a pleasant turn of events. This year the events have flowed in such a way that most of them can be said to be more of 'fate' than free will, if at all that exists in a dream characters dream world!

2 comments:

talkad said...

wtf, ur house got burgled? malleshwaram? bristol? u r a man with many houses, be specific i say !!!

anandanubhava said...

yo mate.. the 1 abroad is what u hear of here.. !!!
btw, gimme access to ur blog u bloke!!!