Thursday, April 21, 2005

A wish....and it comes true

Thats true! No wishing well required here! All our desires are self fulfilling prophecies. There is no option but for the desire to come true. It doesn't appear to be so only because there is a time-space barrier between the moment of desire & the actual appearance of fulfillment. My wish to become a Nobel laureate if strong enough may need several lifetimes for my intellect to develop sufficiently & then, if the prize still exists it will surely be mine!!!
However, there's a catch here - if my desire to become a lazy cow-herd is greater than the desire for a Nobel prize, the stronger one prevails.
Thus, here I am caught in between these two extreme desires, an oscillating hybrid that doesn't always make sense to me either. Realizing the futility of such unrest makes one want to remain free of desires - life goes on just as comfy without explicitly wishing for it!

Think of dropping a stone into water. The heavier the water is, the faster it sinks to the bottom by it's own weight. Similarly, the stronger the desire, the faster it reaches it's destination.

I wish to be no stone, but water in water :)

1 comment:

Advaitavedanti said...

Well, its true. Nisargadatta Maharaj says in his "I am that" that there's nothing like causality. One's wish is universe's wish... if you've a strong desire, it will be done.